Tuesday 20 July 2010

Drobo update

Firstly thank you for all of the input and comments

It seems talking about storage is a sure fire way to stir up a debate

What have I learned?

Server seems the way to go, just a matter of the money....all in good time

Until then.....

Drobo in the USA called me and a very helpful lady called Valorie talked me through a few procedures and she did confirm there was an issue with my Drobo Pro and has arranged to send me a brand new unit from the USA

Bloody irritating that the Drobo Pro has had a problem but I cannot fault their customer care

So lets see how this one goes

Will give you an update

Thank You all again

3 comments:

Just Popping to the Blog said...

I too had horrors with the Drobo. will never go there again.

Andy Brooks said...

FreeNas, the price of the DROBO for good reliable parts (motherboard, SATA drives etc) and a couple of hours of your time, and you have a fully fledged server that will not let you down

Unknown said...

Pretty post!..I am so happy to see such a nice themes of photos in your post...we are eagerly waiting for your next post....Thanks a lot....



music